Monday, May 06, 2002

I just took a quiz to solve the ultimate question: which "Saved by the Bell" cast member are you most like?

According to the questionnaire, I am most like Kelly Kapowski, that babe of a cheerleader. Uh, I don't really understand how, but I'll accept that I'm a total babe! Ok, so that's a stretch too, so how am I like Kelly? I figure some of the questions revealed my innocence--- some more pessimistic people would call it a knack for being naive--- and the sugary-sweet quest for love and happiness I (and apparently Kelly) find myself living. Kelly and I will continue the search for more joy, peace, and love on this Earth. Oh wait, I just remembered that Kelly is a character on a Saturday morning television show that ended almost ten years ago. Who wants to join me?

Kelly from Saved by the Bell was actually my co-first TV crush. I can remember the third grade, riding my bike to Matthew Warfield's house and watching his tape of the next episode I had to see. Sure, I still was in my eww-yuck-girls-are-gross faze, but somehow Kelly beat my predispositions and made me go "Hubba Hubba!" The early 1990s made "Hubba Hubba" the cool slang to say when seeing a fine piece of the opposite sex, so it didn't sound so stupid to say it back in third grade. Of course, Kelly was in high school and unattainable to an eight-year-old squirt, but my other TV crush was more my age. Cheesy shows must manufacture cute little girls to overcome the cheese oozing out the script because we go from "Saved by the Bell" to "Full House." Yes, Stephanie Tanner, despite her annoying "How rude!" trademark, caught my eye back in the day too. Now for the million dollar question: Most of us know that Kelly Kapowski turned into Tiffani-Amber Theissen, a beauty of an actress, but whatever happened to Stephanie Tanner?

The world has a right to know, just like the world must also discover what became of Judy Winslow (the middle child who disappeared without explanation) of "Family Matters."

No comments: