Thursday, May 23, 2002

Dr. Lane expects me to come to class tomorrow morning with a completed paper and a knowledge of the material on our exam. Some impulse continues to interfere with my desire to write the paper. Which more important: Dr. Lane's or my desires?

Well, Dr. Lane distributes the grades. But fulfilling my desires makes me happier. But Dr. Lane gives the grades. But I'd rather do 1,600 things than write this paper. But Dr. Lane determines my grade. But I would like to visit Alehouse later, get prepared for tomorrow's exam, and lie asleep in my bed at a reasonable hour. But Dr. Lane decides on my grade, and I'll have enough time to accomplish the preceding if I start the paper right now.

Ok, ok, ok, has the jury reached a verdict?

We have, your honor: Guilty--- I mean, write the paper.

No comments: