Sunday, June 16, 2002

I would seriously deprive myself of $100 and deposit it into your checking account if you would do the research for my paper, then write the paper, then present it in such a way that I'd be guaranteed an A.

So my seven-page research paper is due Monday, 2:00 pm. I probably spent more of Saturday bitching and moaning about the work I wasn't doing than actually making progress on the assignment. At least I got some work done, though I drifted from my original topic so badly that I'm now writing about a different subject. Picture this paper: Comparing the Electoral Systems of the United States and Germany. Who could possibly not get jazzed over such a topic?!? Did I just use the word "jazzed"?

Changing the focus of my paper requires me to make a last-minute trip to the library tomorrow and find different sources. To do well on this paper, I need to change my focus in other departments too. Time to stop complaining and get to work.

I miss Haley. She's out of town for the weekend visiting her dad. With summer school racing toward the finish line, I haven't been able to make that extra effort to share hour phone calls every other day. She knows how jammed my schedule has become, so my mailbox--- the Outlook Express mailbox--- has received little hello notes from one of the most precious angels I know. One week from today, two halves of a young couple that have endured an uneven few months will finally be in the same city for a record two months, shattering the previous mark of five days. What are we going to do with all that time together? I honestly don't know how our relationship will develop: it could blossom and solidify a bond or stay stagnant and ultimately wither. Obviously I pray for the former, but most of all I'm anxious to end this ambiguous chapter of our relationship that has spanned for almost three months. Perhaps our looks into each other's eyes will indicate what the rest of the summer holds for us. Seven days away, Haley.

(Anthony's little guardian angel taps Anthony's shoulder.)

Sorry, I have some researching to continue.

No comments: