Wednesday, August 28, 2002

The last three or four nights have stretched along in consciousness, my body pressed against black pillows and sheets, never finding a position allowing me to relax and submerge into sleep. My brain--- or is it my mind?--- took a sabbatical from the world of academia while in Pensacola and instead fostered on emotional maturity, learning about the deeper layers of love and how to handle the obstacles lain in front of a twenty-year-old child set to become a man. The new (old) atmosphere of schooling thrusts me back into the stage of present dedication and future planning of education. When I turn off my bedroom light the goal is to sleep, but my brain (mind?) activates all its tiny lights and races through these bloated balls of questions and ideas. I wonder when during the day can I schedule time to read for classes; if my choice of courses will help me attain future prosperity in my career; what I can do next summer to maintain momentum before graduate school; whether I should just graduate a semester early or take two part-time semesters next year and look into working in a relevant Gainesville institute such as the courthouse; where in this world graduate school will relocate my life. I should have given more love and attention to the academic part of my brain. He tussled locked in the shell I made for him, and now that I opened that shell, he makes me tussle.

No comments: