Thursday, April 25, 2002

I'm taking a break from studying, and I'm thinking about her.

She's been on my mind off and on today. Nothing in particular really, just her. The picture of her holding me with her arms and a big smile when I got back from South Africa, even though I was tired, grungy, and carried a fowl stench. Wondering if she's in the gym right now working hard for her upcoming tryouts. Recognizing how vigorous a training regime she's had to accept to perform at her best. Remembering how friendly we were my senior year in high school, still in shock of where those days ultimately led us. How attentive and proud I was when seeing her train. Adding up all she has faced this semester. The warmth knowing I'll be one of the first to hear how things go this weekend, and not because I'll call, but because she wants to tell me. Realizing she's aware of all this.

Ok, that break provided my heavy eyes and mind peace from my studies. My book once again yearns for attention. Coming dear...

No comments: