Saturday, April 27, 2002

I love my sister very much.

After a quaint but laugh-filled evening at Alehouse for Jay-Kill's birthday, the party of six transported their cabooses to Jason's couch and watched some hilariously incriminating home videos dated around 1988. We ached our fluctuating bellies as loud, obnoxious laughter almost overpowered Jason's rowdy nine-year-old outbursts.Younger brother Josh even made an appearance in the room, and two siblings--- 14 years later--- were able to share in the memories and smile. This time of family memories planted some Full-House-esque music in my brain as I reminisced on some good times I share with my own sibling.

One of the most special things my sister Camille and I do by ourselves is sit on the couch and watch our old home movies together. From the time four-year-old Camille was caught with an evil ploy to get me in trouble, to our 1991 magic show with our cousins Joey and Phillip, to our 1994 Robocop adventures (Starring Joey as Robocop, Camille as Shocking Sherry, Phillip as Simba Mufasa--- The Lion King had just been released--- and yours truly as the villian Metal Mash), my sister and I watch these productions as though we're seeing them for the first time. Every so often we spot something new to ridicule, which makes us excitingly yell for our parents to come see our latest discovery from the ancient videos. Sometimes they watch just to please us, but other times they stay back and let me and Camille enjoy it by ourselves.

That chunky girl with the cute lisp has blossomed into a seventeen-year-old beauty with a heavenly singing voice. At times I'm still amazed at the looks guys my age give her, remembering how some of my old tennis buddies look at her the same way I looked at juniors in high school just a few years ago. Shoot, Camille is even dating one of my old tennis chums. Adam is a great guy, though. I just got pictures from Adam's senior prom with my sister by his side. They look so cute, even with those slightly annoying eyebrow rings.

In less than a week, my bags will be packed and I'll relax for a ten-day stay back home. I'm sure at least one afternoon will include my wonderful sister sitting by my side, each of us laughing and teasing each other as we enjoy some home videos. Camille, go set up the tapes!

No comments: