Monday, April 22, 2002

I had an awesome Sunday!

I guess things started going awesome around 2:00. My book needed me, but I couldn't ignore the gorgeous 90 degree day out there. No one immediately around me wanted to do any work--- I can't blame them--- so my plan was to drive campus, find a beautiful spot I don't normally visit, and enjoy the scenery with my book. The area outside Norman Hall lured me with its shaded bench tables. After about 30, 45 minutes I wanted a break. A light bulb then flashed above my head, urging me to pick up my book, get in my car, and find another sexy spot, and every time I wanted a break, I'd pack up and find another destination. I drove until I reached Baughman Center, a quaint but gorgeous chapel on a hill by Lake Alice. The hill would provide an excellent reading spot, I presumed. Well, Baughman Center ended up being my final stop because I enjoyed myself so much there.

To my surprise, about 7, 8 people resided on the grassy noll, including 2 particularly fine-looking girls in the best shadow spot. My spot had shadow, but in my hunt I had failed to notice the dirt mound nearby. One of the cuties turned and told me I had dirt on my pants. I looked down, thanked her for noticing, and brushed it off. The other girl then invited me onto their widely stretched purple blanket, to which I smiled and snuggled in.

Jeri and Amanda were really cool. Jeri looked about 22, had gorgeous dark olive skin and long curly hair, and wore those school teacher glasses that some girls wear just to look hotter. Amanda must have been about my age, petite, blonde, very radiant. They dressed very classy, not revealing too too much, and they were studying psychology. We talked about all sorts of stuff (between breaks of reading, or was the reading between breaks of talking?) and just had a really good time. Jeri and Amanda had to go around 4, so I helped them pack up their car and bid them farewell. I still had reading to do, though, so I returned to the spot. Since everyone else had left by this time, I had returned to my peaceful solitude. Sometimes alone time can be made better when others join in.

The beautiful 90 degree weather sustained itself through the evening, even during my tennis match with Odom. We do this thing where the winner of our match "receives the mullet" and proceeds to do a dance n' grunt celebrating the world's worst haircut. The mullet: why settle for one haircut when you can have two? Business in the front... party out back! Whew! Mullet! Anyway, our matches usually stretch to the max (Odom the defending Mullet champion on a 7-6 tiebreaker), but I torched that mutha in the scorching heat, 6-0, 4-3! The mullet is mine Odom, and you're not getting it back, whew!

If I had not dominated so quickly, I might have fainted on the way back to East Hall because the flaming sun melted my skin! A cold shower was reserved for me on my return, I slipped into a sexy outfit, and Nathan and I prepared our incredible feast. Bbq chicken, spicy yellow rice with beans and sausage, ice cream sundaes downstairs, we ate lots, with every bite a savory one! I putzed around for a bit, watching the Simpsons and what-not, when I received a cute hello from Haley. We then talked on the phone for a while, which always adds a little more paint to my sky. Things are healthier between us. Such an incredible person.

To end the night, I became a rock star! My killer voice exploded onto the microphone and created a doozy of a hit. Sure, I didn't write the lyrics. Or the music. And the song consists of Switchfoot's "Chem 6a" with my voice dubbed over the lead singer's. And it took several hours of editing because Jamey's computer decided to add a glitch to my singing on every take (each time in a different spot!). But the mp3 is done. I am now an mp3!

Thank you... we love you New York, goodnight!

No comments: