Wednesday, August 13, 2003

In a few hours I'm gonna go to Publix and get some mozzarella. I'm very excited about this trip. I'm gonna get in my car and drive a few blocks down the road. Who knows who'll I'll bump into? Maybe I'll get a parking space up front. I'll be in and out in five minutes, and this will be the highlight of my day.

These mundane activities turn out to be anticipated road trips when you're sick. Since I returned from home, my body has crashed on me. The weird thing is I can't figure out what's wrong. My cold is much better, yet I feel worse. My stomach feels as though I should be nauseous, but I'm not. I don't throw up my food, but I rarely feel like stomaching food. My legs crumble after a few steps. I randomly feel like I'm about to faint. I slept in until 10:30 this morning and have already taken two more naps. The highlight of my day so far? Maybe walking over to the living room to watch The Sopranos.

Watching The Sopranos gave me the craving for baked ziti, but I don't have any mozzarella. So I'm gonna go out and get some. I'm gonna go to Publix. I'm gonna buy some mozzarella. And I'm very excited.

No comments: