Saturday, July 27, 2002

A Gainesville friend once explained to me how he so regularly consumed Mountain Dew that the caffeine hardly stimulated his brain anymore. He could chug liter upon liter of the sugary yellow soda pop and immediately crawl into bed and snooze. Vanilla Coke could very well be my Mountain Dew. Half of a two-liter bottle (that would be one liter) and two cans emptied, but body completely calm and preparing to shut down for respite.

Newly created cd (Effin Tunes 6: Hot Plate) flowing through the speakers of my quaint boombox. Found lost compilation disc from last December (Kilbot Factory XII: Get my Dinner Ready). Compilation Discs reflect mood, emotions and themes surrounding that phase of my life from the mouths of other artists. My December music spreads the illusion of glancing from a window five minutes after the end of a storm; a muted, somber tone undercut by bright moments on the horizon. Sure enough, at that time I had returned from fall semester definitely single, hopes of a Gainesville relationship dashed, only to discover true couplehood and romance back home. Seven months later, that latter relationship having faded into the clouds, my musical journal feels more like the beginning of a road trip. Moving away from my troubles, leaving my past worries and problems behind in exhaust smoke as I merge onto a new highway. Not an unfamiliar highway, but one that has undergone construction since I last traveled it. Recognize the overall atmosphere. Enjoying the stretching trek until I am signaled to use an exit ramp.

Side note: Well aware most of my thoughts are structured in fragments tonight. Just the mood I wish to use.

Since I'm done, does that side note become a foot note? Should I use an asterisk?

No comments: