Sunday, July 07, 2002

An entire weekend of activities, thoughts, and events have flown through my plodding existence, yet my mind still fails to feel encouragement to write deeply or to even focus. Among the topics I considered writing about tonight:

1) Illustrating the frustration when I just lost everything I wrote about tonight.
2) A narrative on the chaos from a vicious thunderstorm that ultimately obliterated my ethernet connection upstairs (It still doesn't work, so I must type from my parents' bedroom. Yes, they're trying to sleep right now.).
3) A ponder on the necessity girls feel in shaving their legs so often.
4) Rationalizing the new standards of a technologically fit household (Is one computer enough? How handy are cable modem connections? Remember when a person owning a DVD player was revolutionary?).
5) A feel-good story about the surprise phone call with a friend from school.
6) Following up on a topic discuss during that phone call: long-distance relationships.
7) Describing the warmth of having a pet desparately seek your affection, stalking you every possible moment as if he were pleading for you to return to the coziness of your hometown home (My cat, Zorro, would be the pet. I, Anthony, would be the "you.").
8) A meeting concerning what I should do with the rest of my summer.
9) A potpourri of feelings concerning a very popular topic in my blooger: Haley (Missing her while she's been away for nine days, losing the momentum we had before her trip, see Topic #6).
10) Explaining my theory that in two weeks I'll really be turning 30 rather than 20 (My goals, my wants, my quest for stability, my actions, my attitude, my attractions).

I just created a Top 10 list. A nice, even number like ten seems suitable and appropriate. Ten topics I could dwell on. Ten topics I could search and foster my interpersonal emotions and cognitions. Ten topics that, instead, I've delivered more shallowly than Cliff's Notes. Cliff himself would urge me to be more specific. For some reason, though, I struggle to elicit the effort to write any deeper. This is all I can give right now.

Cliff's Notes: Anthony's Blooger.

No comments: