Thursday, July 18, 2002

33 hours and counting since I was informed I should pass my stone within 24 hours...

I stay here a prisoner, feeling perfectly fine (other than the occasional groin sting and kidney ache) but forbidden from driving or staying on the outside for any length of time. See, this stone may come at any moment, whenever he feels like leaving the coziness of my body. Doctors informed me that if I were driving when my little friend moves out, he could cause me immense pain, and I could swerve and injure innocent drivers-by. These are the same doctors that seem very interested in obtaining my urine. First of all, I don't care how much information they want to make my life better, but making me pee in a cup four times in a six-hour hospital stay is a bit much. Since I'm not very attatched to my urine, however, I let them keep it. Until I pass the stone, they want me to pee in a strainer in hopes of catching the stone and sending it for evaluation. They can do whatever they want with that little fella... I've had him long enough! For the three days following my torturous procedure of gravel ejection, I'm instructed to collect my urinations, with one jug for each day. I haven't had a normal, straight-into-the-bowl piss in 5 days, and that streak will continue for at least another three days!

What do I want for my birthday? Well, a normal, straight-into-the-bowl piss sounds lovely now.

No comments: