Sunday, October 26, 2003

Why do I always need to figure out who I am? who I'm not?
Why do I feel the need to label others? myself?
Why do I compel myself to act a certain way? to avoid certain things?
Why do I act critical toward my strengths? complacent to my faults?
Why do I place others' needs before mine?
Why do I have the friends I have? Why do they have me?
Why do I buy the clothes I buy? the music? the food?
Why do I want more consistency in my life? more spontaneity?
Why do I take constructive criticism so personally?
Why do I enjoy solitude? companionship?
Why do I provide solid advice to friends? but not always listen to it myself?
Why do I make a wife and kids such a priority for my future?
Why do I study so much? so little? so sporadically?
Why do I act with my heart more than my brain?
Why do I have so much faith? doubt?
Why do I fear failure? success?
Why do I worry about what I can't change?
Why do I allow nerves to affect my actions? or lack thereof?
Why do I feel so great when helping others?
Why do I tell people what they want to hear? what's best for them?
Why do I consider myself kind? intelligent? loyal? attractive?
Why do I cross my legs? talk with my hands? walk with a waddle?
Why do I conform to expectations? deviate from the norm?
Why do I still hate vegetables?
Why do I feel I deserve better? exactly what I get?
Why do I never join a clique of friends?
Why do I sympathize with minorities?
Why do I resist taking chances with girls?
Why do I use so much sarcasm?
Why do I like people because they're Italian? Puerto Rican? attractive?
Why do I surf the same internet sites everyday?
Why do I want everyone to like me? respect me?
Why do I possess this much confidence? humility?
Why do I aim for mutual agreement in a debate?
Why do I apologize for my shortcomings?
Why do I reveal parts of myself in an open forum like this?
Why do I wonder?

No comments: