Tuesday, October 07, 2003

Jamey and I claimed a table on the side and prepared to study, but within five minutes the workers behind the counter were closing the register and sweeping the floor. Starbucks was closing an hour earlier than I had anticipated (that's what I get for not reading signs and just making up facts like "Starbucks closes at midnight every night"), so we got in our car and headed back to the apartment. We listened to cover songs and played ketchup with each other's lives. And during our talk, it hit me: in middle school and high school, I always liked one girl. Not a specific crush spanning seven years, but one girl was always in my heart at one point, with a gradual transition of feelings from one girl to another. The point is, you could have asked me, So, who do you like? anytime during those days, and even though I was too shy to tell the truth, there'd always be a definitive answer. Today, if you were stuck in the Dawson's Creek phase and asked me, So, who do you like?, I couldn't give you an honest one-name response. And to tell you the truth, I haven't been able to definitively answer that question for over a year now.

I don't know how I'm supposed to feel about that.

No comments: