Thursday, December 05, 2002


Snippets

I got done with all my reading assignments early tonight but drank a 24 oz chai tea, so I have plenty of excess energy. With that said, I was genuinely happy to get an e-mail from you, and since I have never written you an exclusive e-mail, I figure now is as good a time as ever... I am perfectly content with my relationship status. I vaguely recall telling you while in South Africa that after four years of knowing her and just two weeks of dating, I sensed that my relationship with Haley would blossom into love. And you know, it did. She is the first girl I ever said those three magic words to, because I wanted to have no doubt in my mind when I first said them. Haley and I genuinely loved each other. Never in my talk with you, though, did I say that I had a feeling she was my soul mate, the woman who would share the rest of my natural life. Deep down, I knew she was not that girl. I did not know why, especially since I knew I would fall in love with her, but I just knew... I am not the type to scope a club for chicks or ask for the phone number of a girl whose face I think is gorgeous but whose name is hazy to me. Rather, when my next love comes into my life--- it may not be my true love, as I know I still have some learning to do--- God will let me know, and the situation will work out the way it is intended to be. From this knowledge I hold peace and content in no longer being in a relationship... even in that brief message in your e-mail, I could feel that sincerity you always showed me in South Africa. I do wish that we had been able to talk more one-to-one in South Africa, as I was always interested in what you had to say... I hope these twilight months of your college career are incredible. I know it's cliche, but you deserve nothing but the best, and I hope you achieve this. Good luck creating that path into a new life, with relocation, career, and wife. Best wishes, Anthony

No comments: