Friday, December 20, 2002

I used to awake at 9:29 am every morning to the sounds of cathedral bells.
I used to race across heavy traffic and have the wind of flying cars mess up my hair in an attempt to catch the Number 12.
I used to sit next to a cute Asian girl who was so quiet that I could not tell you a single thing about her (other than she has a killer body and dresses superbly).
I used to drive to campus in cool 7:00 pm weather and leave in 10:00 pm frigid temperatures.
I used to attend professional concerts, from jazz to choral to samba, and write honest reviews.
I used to get all the updates on college football imaginable from my friend who read Sports Illustrated during lecture.
I used to rush home after Monday classes to finish the crossword puzzle.
I used to finish research papers minutes before the due time (Isn't it sad when I cannot say "due date"?).
I used to attend football games equipped with a whistle and a t-shirt with the word "Coach" emblazoned across my chest.
I used to hear lectures on our prison system from a guy who sounded just like Mr. Mackey.
I used to anticipate the Sunday showing of the new Sopranos episode every weekend.
I used to gather my roommates to play cards the night before any exam or paper.
I used to wonder whether Leilani would smack my butt as we switched classrooms.
I used to ponder if I could become a truly great criminology student.

Another semester completed, another growing process, another time to say goodbye to temporary little aspects of everyday life, another opportunity to utilize my lessons into a successful future.

No comments: