Sunday, September 01, 2002

My strained voice burned whenever I attempted to yell, screaming as though I could personally distract the opposing quarterback while handling the snap. Gator football under Ron Zook looked quite similar to that of the Steve Spurrier era. Granted, many teams could look invincible after playing the University of Alabama-Birmingham, but our display of power prepares us for next week's showdown against the defending champion Miami Hurricanes. A victory for the orange and blue in that game would call for a night even more crazy and loud than tonight!

By now I'm tired and dehydrated from the craziness of the Gator game and Big Red fun. We'll close tonight the way the Florida Gator fans close the third quarter: singing, "We are the Boys from Old Florida." Sing after me:

We are the boys from old Florida
F-L-O-R-I-D-A
Where the girls are the fairest,
the boys are the squarest
of any old state down our way. (Hey!)
We are all strong for old Florida,
down where the old Gators play. (Go Gators!)
In all kinds of weather,
we'll all stick togetherrrrrrrrrrrr,
for F-L-O-R-I-D-A!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: