Friday, September 27, 2002

Haley and I have been apart long enough for our feelings, experiences, and lessons from our relationship to be put into perspective. We're now comfortable to talk to each other about exactly that: what we gave each other, what we learned, and how we became more mature, loving people. We've recently shared deep thought with each other to discover we essentially value the same things from our long-distance relationship. One of the blessings Haley touched upon me when we first dated--- and what made me realize how special she would become in my life--- was that she filled me with so much joy that I not only wanted to be a better person to her, but I wanted to be a better person to everybody. She held me up to a higher cloud of happiness than where I had started, and I never wanted to settle for anything less. My life is at a more polished, more blissful level than ever before this year. She willed me to fight more vigorously during any struggle; to persevere even when failure seems to doom every effort; to love my friends, my family, and my God in more meaningful ways. I thank her not only for what she gave me, but for her thanking me as well. To touch someone like that is to serve a fulfilling purpose. Haley has given me feelings, experiences, and lessons I will eventually share with my true love, the woman I'm supposed to love for all time. At that point, everything should be in place. The future seems like a bright, astonishing skyline. Two words we've shared with each other, two words that sum up our sentiment for our relationship: Thank you.

No comments: