Thursday, February 26, 2004

Welcome to the Planet

I've never done this before, but a friend of mine has convinced me to promote an upcoming single. When a band I've been following for a long time finally begins to find success, I feel proud of them. It's almost like seeing someone in my family accomplish something spectacular, in that I've seen all the efforts made behind the scenes. I've seen them work hard for something that was never guaranteed. And at some point in time, everyone else acknowledges and appreciates what I had seen coming for a long time.

I've followed Switchfoot since I heard my freshmen roommate playing their music on our stereo 4 years ago. Now a cd they released over a year ago has approached mainstream success. The opening track "Meant to Live" remained a solid Top 10 alternative hit for a few months and recently has experienced some Top 40 airplay. It's the upcoming single, however, that I hope makes it big. It's my favorite Switchfoot song, a song I put on a compilation disc in summer 2001. So when Switchfoot releases their new single "Dare you to Move" in March, listen to it, love it, and get it knocking people like Kelis off the charts.

No comments: