Friday, October 25, 2002

They call tomorrow Homecoming, so I'm coming home.

Home is where my family guided me and raised me to share myself with the world.

Home is where my cousin Milton and his fiancee Jaqueline now live as of today. A few rough years have motivated them to escape the Bronx and be closer to family that loves them.

Home is where I lust on Panang, the best Thai food in the world.

Home is where the high schoolers look younger and less familiar. By now, I will only recognize the occasional senior who would have been a freshmen when I graduated.

Home is where I get to see Haley again. I can't wait to see the girl I once loved, give her a great big hug and kiss (on the cheek), and just talk and talk with a dear friend.

Home is where my old schoolmates show me their new lives. No one is the same. The ones that appear the same are merely depressed shells of their former self.

Home is where my good friends and family show me that even when away, those who truly love you don't change; they merely evolve.

This weekend I'll be at home.

No comments: