Sunday, October 06, 2002

Sports serve as entertainment. Fast action, physical dominance, intriguing storylines, fierce rivalries, relentless determination, and amazing outcomes can all cloud the fact that sports are games, broadcasted on the same television that shows your favorite sitcom. They may be fun to watch and track, but they are not life. I must especially tell this to myself on a Saturday when I just basically lost two sports for the rest of their respective seasons.

Why I lost college football: The Gators lost to one of the few teams they had a chance of dominating, Ole Miss, by a score of 17-14. The loss is our school's second, a rarity to experience by early Octobr, and the rest of the season looks bleak.

Why I lost baseball: When I say baseball, I only refer to the Yankees. If the Yankees aren't playing, I don't care. The Yankees won't play anymore this season. I won't watch anymore this season.

So, with college football done, baseball over, and no good boxing this month, I can do one of two things: (1) get excited about the NFL or (2) get a life.

...

I'll get back to you.

No comments: