Thursday, May 20, 2004

Things From the Past Week

Right now I'm out of school, have no job, no girlfriend, and very few friends around. And somehow this feels strangely appropriate. I can't explain it, but I'm content with this summer slowly becoming a time where I wander alone. Maybe I can explain it after all: I'm fine dedicating some time to, for, and with myself and only myself. We rarely find such opportunities.

I had never seen a waitress charmed by someone who responded "Fuck yeah!" to her question. Until Tuesday.

The Olsen Twin countdown to 18 has to stop. For one, statutory rape laws are different in each state, and some people could already screw them across half of America anyway. Also, whenever someone finally wakes me up with the news that they're legal, I'm still not gonna care. I'm not attracted to the "coked out at the trailer park" look. Lastly, when I see them I still think, "You got it, dude." I don't know which one said it, but they both probably did, and I can't get over that. Is Jessica Alba still legal? Ok, so I'm gonna pass on Mary-Kate and Ashley.

This catchy melody is so hum-worthy it's scary (If only the lyrics were more than ordinary).

I took this online IQ test and got a 148. Sensing it was a little easy and simplified, I went to another site, but the test got hard and I got bored, so I kind of just bubbled in stuff. I got a 91.

My new suit, charcoal grey with pinstripes, was available for pickup today. When I tried it on, the middle-aged lady who altered it said, "Wow, you look really good in that." It was on the border of flattering and creepy.

If I had the powers to kill off one person in music, it would be Ja Rule, although it's looking like 50 Cent might have done the job for me.

You know what? I actually lied before. I'm not fine with this summer solitude. I'm ok with it for the moment, but if this continues into June, I think I'll explode. I need something productive to do. And cash flow wouldn't hurt either. In the meantime, I'm just reading books, watching tv, cooking, and waiting for the damn research project I supposedly have a position with to get off the ground and actually become a reality.

No comments: