Saturday, June 21, 2003

If you want to be my friend, here are some things you need to know about me:

-I'm not terribly social. I normally need some time before I open up.
-If I outwardly criticize or disapprove of something you do, I really care about you.
-I would rather spend a Friday night in an apartment or restaurant with friends than out carousing in public among strangers.
-My quiet demeanor can be misinterpreted as being arrogant or uptight. Nothing has crawlen up my crapper; that's just how I am.
-I don't miss the following television events: a new Simpsons episode, The Sopranos, or a marquee boxing match.
-Most of my sense of humor circles around sarcasm, and I am open to all challengers who try to put my sarcastic tongue to shame.
-I'm all talk.
-I like quoting things, and by "things," I mean movies and shows, not authors or figureheads.
-I'm not a good double date because I (1) am shy, (2) am overly picky, (3) have no game.
-I am a good double date because I (1) come off polite, (2) have a talent to secretly talk you up to your date, (3) do not try to pick up your girl.
-I don't like beer but am willing to hold and gradually finish one to be a good sport.
-Despite what was just said, I don't follow the crowd or succumb to peer pressure.
-I'm usually on time and wish you would be too.
-If you have a problem, I will put everything on hold to listen.
-I want you to be honest, even when I am afraid to be.
-When we're in my car, I try to put on music you would like. If you want a switch, just ask.
-I don't show my frustration toward you unless it's for your own good (or, in extreme cases, my sanity).
-Read: beautiful over sexy.
-I prefer spending the extra dollar but try to be accomodating.
-I greatly admire loyalty and dedication.
-I greatly resent unreliability and selfishness.
-If I am passive, I want you to smack some sense into me.
-I won't hold a grudge.
-Contrary to what my social inadequacies imply, I am always up for meeting a new friend.

No comments: