Monday, June 30, 2003


A Few Potential Journal Entries Puked into one Random Pile

1) We are in the middle of an unfinished film to bank off the massive success of the chilling b&w thriller "Poison Pizza." The untitled Twilight Zone-esque production stars yours truly as a man who finds himself in an afterlife waiting room after being murdered. Following his plea for another chance at life, he is returned a few minutes before his murder with the chance of avoiding his demise... if it is not his fate. Does fate exist? Are there some things not worth fighting for? As Ed Wood said after the premier of his Plan 9 from Outer Space, "this is the one that's gonna make me famous!"

2) My roommate woke up this morning with a 20" television on his leg.

3) The individuals in a clique tend to walk, talk, and look alike. I've noticed that when I am with a group of three or four people, I always look like the wild card. With one or two exceptions, I think I present myself far differently than my other friends. Each person's uniqueness aside: when I'm with my friends I either don't fit or stand out, whichever mood I am in.

4) I've had this inside me since noon and couldn't tell anyone while at work: there's this one guy at work that I just can't stand to be around! Not that he's a jerk, not that he is incredibly dull. The guy just smells like loads of raunch! I mean, he walked by me during lunch and made me choke on my sandwich. He sat by me too, which meant I had to always keep a napkin or drink around my face to avoid upchucking into his lunch. He smells like old people, if they had sweaty fish down their pants.

5) I've heard both sides of the platonic-friend debate plenty of times. The debate is over its mere existence, with the following requirements: (1) the two must be of the opposite sex, (2) must be attracted to the opposite sex, (3) not be related, (4) be true friends that spend quality time alone, and (5) never EVER have a sexual attraction or affection from either side. Well, I think I have case proof, from my own platonic friend. Her name was Alexandra. We were friends for a few years, walked home from school together, spent time at each other's houses, and were solid friends and nothing more, until her family moved away. It was a friendship without complications of love or sex, and never did the status of our purely platonic friendship come up for debate. It was simple, solid, good. Oh, to be in fourth grade again.

No comments: