Thursday, January 23, 2003

If I could make out with the cold weather, I would pucker up and be prepared for my tongue to freeze onto the cold's frigid metal surface. Ok, maybe that sounds a bit odd, but what I'm trying to say is that I'm absolutely loving what actually resembles winter weather here in Florida. While I drove home for Christmas break in 78 degree heat, I wondered how much I was missing in not having but 3 weeks of winter a year. I've never gone skiing--- or ridden a sled, for that matter. I rarely have the proper opportunity to sit and stare at a lit fireplace. Only seldom do cute girls bundle up in their hooded sweatshirts and mittens as their cheeks frost bite glow the color of a rose petal (one of the most serene, precious images I know).

And by tomorrow afternoon the temperature will fall to 40 degrees, and by the evening 25, and by the night 15. Maybe I will run through my apartment complex at 1:00 am hollering the lyrics to "Winter Wonderland," or maybe I'll have a hooded sweatshirt and mitten sale. Whatever I do tomorrow, the day is mine.

No comments: