Thursday, May 05, 2005

Italarican Vacation

I'm getting an incredible reward for finishing up my first year of grad school: the family is coming up. Here's the part where I'm supposed to either comically typecast my parents and sister as caricatures or vent about all the fights we've had, but the truth is they're pretty normal people. We have a great relationship, all get along splendidly, and I've never had a serious fight with any of them. Ok, the "pretty normal" part is a lie-- we're all eccentric Italians and Puerto Ricans-- but it's all relative when compared to our, well, relatives. Besides, our weirdest pasttimes, like opening the high school yearbook and pointing out the ugly people, are done as a group. We'll be together for 8 days, in Harrisburg and New York, so I'll come back with plenty of stories and about an extra 10 pounds.

So I'm off for the week, like anyone even cares. In the meantime, here's a shot of my namesake: My newly born second cousin, Anthony. The sexy beast holding him is my cousin, Gerard. Most people cry or "aww" over pictures like this. Me, I can't stop laughing. Sometimes shit's funny beyond explanation.

No comments: