Thursday, April 28, 2005

May Flowers

It must be the end of April, the end of spring semesters at universities nationwide, because that season has come where I have lots to say but little time to speak. I know we're getting close to summer because I just wrapped up my spring courses, and my friends back and Florida are talking about graduating. They're in a position I felt a year ago, wondering how bittersweet the commencement will feel, what they will do next, if life will slow down outside of Gainesville, who will prove to be long-lasting friends.

A year later, I can say that all those questions get answered, but new questions develop. I wonder what things about my former life I took for granted, if I'm happier now than I was then, how my friends have changed, how I've changed. These in turn lead to new questions I tend to ask myself at this point. How will it be when I stop questioning where my life is going? When will it truly hit me that I've slowed down? When will I stop caring about my appearance? Will I be more depressed, relieved, or happy when I find the answers?

I usually ask these questions around this time, don't figure out the answers, and put them into storage for a year while I return to my routine of burning my palate by eating the food as I cook it. I'm so damn impatient.

No comments: