Tuesday, April 08, 2003

I may be the last person in the blogging universe to do a "Five Random Things" list, so here we go...

1) Today is my second birthday trifecta of the year. This day is even more special to me though, because in addition to the birthdays of my cute neighbor Lourdes and my good friend Nathan, today is the day my sister becomes a woman, a legal adult. Watch out, America: here comes Camille!

2) Too many musicians claim they would "walk a thousand miles" to prove/find/see their love. This is a completely arbitrary number that is always used. And I know what you're thinking: what about the Proclaimers, those twins that used to always bob their heads and sing how they would walk 500 miles? Well, the actual lyrics are, "I would walk 500 miles, and I would walk 500 more." 500 miles + 500 more = a thousand miles. If a girl ever uses this line with me, I'm going to call her bluff next time she is out of town.

3) Remember when the only dating shows on television were Love Connection and The Newlywed Game?

4) If I amass enough money to suit me for a lifetime, I would like to invest in my own restaurant. I can already envision the jazz pianist at the side bar... the lovely Hispanic firecracker who checks coats... the waiters in white shirts, tuxedo vests, and black bow ties... the complementary bottle of water with an extensive wine list pressed against it... the dark, romantic bronze walls and tables... and the menu featuring Italian dishes, cajun spices, and the finest cuts of meat. Title pending.

5) Just once I'd like to see a woman leave the table to use the restroom, and when her friend says she'll go with her, for the woman to remark, "It's okay. I've got it."

No comments: